- This event has passed.
What does a TAR Community Look Like During COVID-19?
Tuesday, June 9, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Note: to register, you will need to first set up a free CIRTL account here
What does a TAR learning community look like during COVID-19? We will discuss how CIRTL practitioners have adjusted their Teaching as Research projects to a remote-teaching environment and the importance of community for future faculty in the wake of a pandemic. The learning community, which was meant to be specific to TAR implementation, turned into more of a support system that helped practitioners make difficult decisions and deal with difficult times. Questions to discuss could include:
- What was the original purpose of the learning community?
- What kind of support did the LC provide to the participants?
- What discussions did you have during the LC meetings?
- What were the changes that practitioners had to make?
- Did anyone decide to post-pone? Did anyone have to start again from scratch?
- What made you decide to focus more on giving space for community and discussion?
Registration is required. Once you register, you will have access to the Blackboard Ultra room where this online event will take place.