LinkedIn for Academics
Saturday, October 9 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Note: Before you can register, you will need to create a (free) CIRTL account here.
You have a LinkedIn account and the basics set up; now what? Wait for people to find you? No. “Networking” is an active process that takes time and planning.
After attending this workshop, you will understand:
- Why LinkedIn is used for the recruitment and vetting of candidates
- The importance of skills and keywords and how they are essential to your LinkedIn profile
- How to reach out to an individual on LinkedIn
- Begin to appreciate the many ways to use LinkedIn for networking and job-seeking
- How faculty/academia can use LinkedIn for networking