- This event has passed.
Getting The Job: Workshop Your Answers to Interview Questions for Teaching-Related Positions
Friday, April 29, 2022 @ 1:15 pm - 2:45 pm
Get ready to shine at your interview! Whether you are headed into academia or a different type of position, you will need to successfully communicate the skills and experience you’ve developed in teaching and mentoring.
Building off of the panel discussion about interviewing for teaching-related positions, this workshop will help you:
- Learn the types of interview questions, and review typical questions asked in teaching-related roles
- Apply the STAR framework for responding to interview questions
- Practice concisely responding to interview questions to communicate your skills and experience
- Consider questions you might ask at your interview
This workshop is the final event in the Getting The Job series, designed specifically for graduate students and postdocs to leverage their teaching professional development experiences in their job search. Check out the other events in the series:
- Crafting Your Teaching Philosophy — March 30, 12:30pm – 2:00pm
- Developing Your Diversity Statement — April 13, 12:30pm – 2:00pm
- Building Your CV And Cover Letter — April 20, 12:30pm – 2:00pm
- Panel on Interviewing for teaching-related positions — April 29, 12:00pm – 1:00pm