- This event has passed.
Where to begin? Developing an Action Plan for Aligned and Inclusive Lessons
Wednesday, July 20 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This two-session online workshop meets on
- Wednesday, July 20 at 12-2PM CT and
- Wednesday, July 27 at 12-1PM CT
Attendance at the first session is required to attend the second.
Note: Before you can register, you will need to create a (free) CIRTL account here.
Registration closes: Friday, July 15, 2022 at 12:00pm CDT
Where does one begin when planning a lesson? What do we want students to walk away with and how do we ensure that our teaching is inclusive and equitable? Join us in this interactive, two-session workshop where we first discuss the foundation to strong lesson planning. Afterwards we explore how the lesson will be received by students paying particular attention to inclusivity and alignment. This workshop is for everyone – whether it is your first time teaching an undergraduate class or an expert. By participating in this workshop, you will be able to:
- Construct a learner centered learning objective that includes a clear action, and where appropriate, conditions and criteria under which students should be able to perform the action.
- Identify assessments that can be used as pre and post-assessments and justify their use to assess your learning objective
- Discuss ways to bridge the gap between LO and Assessment ensuring that everything fits together (is aligned) using Active Learning
- Develop a strategy to help maintain engagement and motivation