Internship Seminar

Details

Days: Thursdays, starting January 28, 2021
Times: 9:30am-11:30am
Location: Online (link will be emailed to registrants)
Instructor: Devin Wixon
Credit: 1 unit (ELPA 502)
Prerequisites: At least 2 Δ’s of coursework in teaching and learning + completing the 4-week preparation series
Satisfies requirement for Delta Certificate: Internship

Registration

To register, contact Devin Wixon at wixon@wisc.edu. Enrollment is limited to only those students who have applied for and been admitted into the internship program.

Description

The Delta Internship Program gives graduate students and postdoctoral researchers the opportunity to develop teaching and learning skills in real-world situations.

Each semester, the Delta Program supports a new cohort of interns who partner with faculty and staff to improve teaching and learning environments through innovative Teaching-As-Research projects. Interns enroll in this seminar during the semester they are completing their internship project, and use the time to present their projects to their peers who provide constructive feedback in real-time.

What do past participants say?

“The teaching-as-research project I completed as part of the Teaching Certificate program has prepared me to apply those practices to my current courses. Therefore, I can try new methods and evaluate how well they work.”
– Alycia, Assistant Professor of Biology at University of Louisville

“My Delta Internship entailed me co-instructing an online course, which was a fantastic learning experience for adjusting my teaching techniques based on this mechanism, as well as gathering new insights into how to leverage platforms for inclusivity.”
– Brett, Ph.D. Candidate in Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis

Questions?

Visit the Delta Internship Program webpage for more information, or contact us at info@delta.wisc.edu